Yes, you read that right! Current and former JETs are eligible to enter!
The video is to be about your experience in Japan with one of the following themes:
- 一期一会: “Ichigo ichie” or once in a life time experience
- 一生懸命: “Ishyokenmei” or giving it your best
- 花鳥風月: “Kachyofugetsu” or the beautify of nature
Submission Period: 1 October 2023 – 17 January 2024 17:00 JST
Terms and Conditions
- Length: 1-5 minutes
- Format: mp4, wmv, or mov
- Background for each video must include: Name, home country, contracting organization, ALT / CIR, where you lived in Japan, when you went on JET
- The video needs to either be in English with Japanese subtitles, or Japanese with English subtitles. If that’s difficult we can contact the contest office email@example.com
- It has to be an original video that you have not published previously
- If you have a third party in the video, make sure you get the proper rights and permissions from them.
- You can submit more than one video.
You need to have a public Youtube account. If yours is private, you’ll need to make it public in order to take part in the contest.
When uploading to Youtube, make sure to add the hashtag #JETVideoContest2024. After uploading it please enter the following info and e-mail it to the above mentioned address:
- Current Country of Residence (or prefecture in Japan)
- Job type (ALT or CIR)
- Contracting Organization
- Years on JET
- Title of Video
- Theme (selected from one of the 3 mentioned above)
- Link to Video
- Contact e-mail address
Winners will be contacted by e-mail. Be sure to have a scan of your passport ready for travel arrangements to be made.
If your video wins, your Contracting Organization will be notified and it will also be used for JET PR afterwards.